- This event has passed.
Scottish Winter Mountaineering Trip
February 12 - February 16Free
This year we’ll be heading back West to Glencoe for some Scottish Winter Mountaineering.
We’ve booked 16x beds at the Alex MacIntyre Memorial Hut in North Ballachulish with great access to the Nevis / Glencoe and other areas.
The club stayed at the same hut two years ago and had a fantastic meet with largely good winter conditions, a few good mountain days – plus skiing for some.
If you’ve got winter experience and your own gear, or have experience and can hire some you’ll be able to join.
The accomodation is booked from Wednesday 12 February to Sunday 16 February for 4x nights (but additional nights can be added if desired).
You can see more about the accomodation here.
People will likely travel up Wednesday, and return Sunday, giving a minimum of 3 full days. Although naturally travel can be made overnight, or by heading up Tuesday night and breaking the journey. Journey time is approx 7hr 30m by car.
Spaces are strictly limited – and beds are available on a first come, first served basis
If you’re interested in joining us, please sign up below ASAP, and transfer your deposit (detailed below) to the PMC account.
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the terms of the hut booking, the following terms apply:
– The price for the 4x nights is £52pp
– Your place will be confirmed upon receipt of a 50% deposit (£26pp) paid to the PMC bank account
– The balance will be due no later than 45 days prior to the trip.
– If you’re unable to attend, please speak to the Meet Leader. Deposits are non-refundable, unless all spaces are full and there’s someone on the reserve list able to take your space.
– Any transfer and refunds of places must be organised through the Meet Leader and the Treasurer, not individually.
– Additional nights before/after can be booked for £13 pp/pn directly with the hut